Comprehensive Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Cardiac Rehabilitation: If you have had a recent heart attack, coronary artery stent, angioplasty, coronary bypass surgery or heart valve replacement, you will greatly benefit from participation in a special Cardiac Rehabilitation program at the Heart and Health Center. This outstanding program has been helping Napa Valley residents just like you for over 20 years. In fact, it is the longest running, most established Cardiac Rehabilitation program in the Napa Valley.
Proven Medical Benefit: Medical Studies have shown tremendous benefits from participation in a supervised Cardiac Rehabilitation program.
According to the NIH the Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation are:
- Reduce your overall risk of dying, the risk of future heart problems, and the risk of dying from a heart attack.
- Decrease pain and the need for medicines to treat heart or chest pain
- Lessen the chance that you'll have to go back to the hospital or emergency room for a heart problem
- Improve your overall health by reducing your risk factors for heart problems
- Improve your quality of life and make it easier for you to work, take part in social activities, and exercise
If you have had a heart attack, coronary artery stent, angioplasty or have had coronary artery bypass you should consider starting Cardiac Rehabilitation at the Heart and Health Center. This program is covered by most medical insurance. We even have an affordable program for patients who do not currently have medical insurance. Be sure to discuss the importance of your involvement in Cardiac Rehabilitation with your primary care provider, medical doctor or cardiologist. We will be pleased to send him or her monthly reports on your progress.
Place and Times:
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is held at 1139 Trancas Street, three days per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) from 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. or from 10:00 A.M. to 11:00 A. M.
Duration of Program:
Our program lasts 3 months or 36 sessions. After that, you can elect to continue exercising at the Heart House in our popular Stretch and Tone exercise program or one of our other many outstanding exercise classes offered through the Heart and Health Center such as restorative yoga, tai chi, fencing, karate or jiu jitsu. Our Long Life Special allows you to affordably combine one of our regular exercise programs with a weekly massage.
Call the Heart and Health Center today so we can answer your questions and help you get started in this important program.
CALL 707-257-7752 and ask to speak to Kim Crosier, C.T. III – You’ll be glad you did!
The best part is that you can choose from a variety of fitness programs including Restorative Yoga, Tai Chi, Fencing, Karate or Jiu Jitsu!
Covered beneficiary rehabilitation services.
Medicare Part B covers cardiac rehabilitation and intensive cardiac rehabilitation program services for beneficiaries who have experienced one or more of the following:
- An acute myocardial infarction within the preceding 12 months
- A coronary bypass surgery;
- Current stable angina pectoris;
- Heart valve repair or replacement;
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) or coronary stenting;
- A heart or heart-lung transplant
- For cardiac rehabilitation only, other cardiac conditions as specified through a national coverage determination
Daniel E. Andrews III, M.D., F.A.C.C.
Daniel E. Andrews III, M.D., F.A.C.C. is double board certified in Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Simply put, that means he is a highly trained specialist to help adult patients like you get healthy and stay well.
Dr. Andrews strongly believes that a healthy diet and regular exercise are the two best ways to stay healthy. That is why he is a leader in the Napa Valley in promoting good health.
Under Dr. Andrews’ expert guidance, you’ll take an active role in your own health program by educating yourself and making important changes in your lifestyle.
- Diplomate: Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in both Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease
- Fellow: The American College of Cardiology.
- Founder: The Heart and Health Center & the Napa Valley School of Massage.
- Cofounder: The California Chapter of the American College of Cardiology.
- Medical Staff: The Queen of the Valley Medical Center.
This is why you should make an appointment at the Heart and Health Center. We use the latest techniques, equipment and medication to diagnose and improve your health.
- (Napa Valley doctor) Daniel E. Andrews III, M.D., F.A.C.C. is double board certified in Cardiology and Internal Medicine.
- He has more that 30 years experience helping patients with a variety of cardiac and medical problems.
- He was a co-founder of California’s Chapter of the American College of Cardiology and served as the meeting chairman for the first two years of that organization’s existence.
- He is a leader in health and wellness in the Napa Valley. He started the first Cardiac Rehabilitation and Senior Stretch and Tone Program in the Napa Valley.
- Dr. Andrews is a senior staff member at the Queen of the Valley Medical Center and served on the committee to develop the Regional Heart Center.
What to expect from our program:
See the doctor
Your Cardiac Rehabilitation starts here. Dr. Andrews is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiology.
The doctor will do a comprehensive medical examination with risk factor analysis.
Review Family History
The doctor will consider your family history as part of your risk factor analysis.
Review lifestyle and diet
You will receive detailed counseling including the best diet and exercise program for your particular needs.
Risk factor modification
Including (if necessary) help attaining the best blood pressure medicine for your particular needs or help with smoking cessation.
Start Cardiac Rehabilitation
Studies show that you will be healthier, feel better and may live longer by participating in Cardiac Rehabilitation. We also offer other outstanding fitness programs you can consider starting after completing the Cardiac Rehabilitation program. This include Restorative Yoga, Tai Chi, Fencing, Karate or Jiu Jitsu.
For only $39 can aid your healthy lifestyle with a relaxing one hour massage to reduce stress and relieve sore, tired muscles. You can also ask for the “Long Life Special” - one month of exercise classes + a weekly one hour massage for only $150.
Your cardiac rehabilitation will be covered by your insurance or we can offer you an affordable self-pay option.
Call today to get started improving your health: